Monday, March 22, 2010

The Best Educational Toys for Your Little One

For toddlers, check out my review of the top 5 educational toys for toddlers.

For preschoolers, check out my review of the Top 5 Vtech Educational Toys.

Looking for toys that provide enjoyment and education for your little one? If you have a preschooler or a toddler, the toys that you choose can help ready your child to start kindergarten and succeed in school. I know that when you here the words "educational toys" you think that they could not possibly be fun, but you would be surprised. Many of my son's favorite toys were educational and now we can see the benefits of those toys as he is ready to start kindergarten in the fall. I know that you might also wonder which educational toys are the good ones.

Educational toys for toddlers need to be fun, and most teach a simple concept such as cause and effect (for example, if I push a button, it lights up). This helps your child to learn that actions have reactions and that they have control over some things. Some things to watch out for in toys. If the reward (what happens when your child pushes the button) is too long, it does not teach cause and effect. The reward needs to be short, and it needs to happen every time the button is pushed. For preschoolers, toys should be fun, inspire creativity, and teach concepts that will help children to do well in school. Vtech educational toys do this very well.

To read more, I have a couple of reviews of educational toys for toddlers and Vtech educational toys for preschoolers that you don't want to miss.

1 comment:

  1. After read few of the blog posts on your blog these few days, and I really like your way of blogging. I added it to my bookmark blog list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my internet site as well and let me know your thought.educational toys

    ReplyDelete